Update: Sorry, this giveaway is now closed! To see who the winner was, click here!
If you’ve been reading this blog for any significant amount of time, you’ve probably already heard me wax poetic about how much I love sparkling water. I just do. I think it makes the act of drinking water — unarguably a necessary, if boring, part of weight loss and healthy living — much more tolerable. Fun, even! And I’m not even lying when I say that popping open the top of a can of La Croix or sipping from my SodaStream bottle has dramatically cut down my soda intake, too. Which reminds me, I REALLY need to get a new CO2 canister for said SodaStream. I’ve been spending far too much change on cans and bottles of the stuff from the deli downstairs. (Mama needs her fix!)
They worry about me a little.
Anywho, the point is, I love me some bubbles. So when the people behind the V8 V-Fusion Smoothie Giveaway that I posted back in December approached me asking if I would be interested in reviewing V8 V-Fusion’s newest product, a SPARKLING drink, how could I refuse?
Here’s their schpiel: “V8 V-Fusion Sparkling is the newest addition to the V8 family. This delicious juice drink is available in three flavors— Black Cherry Pomegranate, Strawberry Lemonade and Tangerine Raspberry. This spring you can feel good about drinking a refreshing carbonated beverage because each 8-ounce can of V-Fusion Sparkling provides a combined serving of fruit and vegetables – all for 60 calories!”
Now, unlike most other V8 products, which tout the “1 full serving of fruit AND 1 full serving of vegetables” line, this product provides 1 COMBINED serving of fruits and vegetables. That said, it’s a small can (think Red Bull sized) and it’s blended with water, so I guess I can understand that. It’s flavored with the fruit and vegetable juices, as well as stevia, and the ingredients list is really not bad. I got to sample the Strawberry Lemonade and Black Cherry Pomegranate, and I really enjoyed the flavor of the latter (the Strawberry Lemonade tasted a little watered down to me), but it is VERY sweet. The Tangerine Raspberry wasn’t available at the time, so I can’t speak for that flavor.
As for the sparkling element, well, I’ll admit that I was a little disappointed. There’s just a smidge of carbonation, which I’m guessing might be more pronounced if I had drank these refrigerated. As it was, I tried them room temp because I’m impatient, haha. I probably shouldn’t have gone in with the presumption that a juice product would have the same level of carbonation as a soda (maybe the juice itself doesn’t hold carbonation as well?), but alas. I think that these would actually make really delicious drink mixers. They’re a little too sweet with not enough carbonation for me on their own, but mixed with some, er, sparkling-er water (and, y’know, vodka if it’s after 5, hahaha), I can see it being extremely refreshing. Plus, again, the can is small so you’d basically just making it a normal-sized beverage at that point.
Curious to test out the product for yourself? Well, have no fear! One of you will have the opportunity to try out the V8 V-Fusion Sparkling, and get a pretty banging gift pack “to help make your spring sparkle” along with it!
Here’s what’s included:
– Gaiam Yoga/Gym tote with an easy-reach outside pocket for your refreshments (which I absolutely LOVE — so many pockets!)
– A Philosophy Raspberry bubble bath to add some refreshing bubbles to your bath (which turned my bubble bath pink the other night, hehe, and also is a body wash.)
– A $25 Sephora gift card to help you sparkle inside and out
– An Essie nail polish to add some sparkle to your nails (Funnily enough, the one I was sent is actually a matte purple, so it’s not exactly sparkly but it’s still pretty!)
– A versatile to-go cup so you can quench your thirst with an iced V8 V-Fusion Sparkling on-the-go (I love the long and skinny shape of this one.)
How to enter:
1. Leave a comment with your favorite way to make yourself sparkle, inside or out! (Haha, too cheesy?)
2. Follow Honey, I Shrunk the Gretchen! on Facebook!
3. Follow @shrinkinggretch on Twitter.
4. Tweet, blog, or post on Facebook about this giveaway. Here’s a sample Tweet for you to play around with:
Make your Spring sparkle w/ this V8 V-Fusion Sparkling review and beautifying gift pack giveaway from @shrinkinggretch! http://bit.ly/HZbxIV
Remember to leave separate comments back here with each thing you do in order for your multiple entries to count! I will randomly draw a winner on Tuesday, April 24th. Have a wonderful weekend!
PS: I’m so honored to have my blog featured in Fitness Magazine’s The Fit Stop blog’s “Fit Bloggers We Love” series. Check it out!